Friday, August 27, 2010

If I Had Children...

James 3:2-12

Philippians 4:8

If I had kids, I would teach them Philippians 4:8 before they could speak. I would sing it to them in the morning and in the evening and many times during the day.  And I would make it the guidelines for what is said in my home.  What would it be like if we constantly asked - Is this true?  Is it noble?  Is it right?  Is it pure?  Is it lovely?  Is it admirable?  Is it excellent?  Is it praiseworthy?
Discipline, discussions, disagreements... can you imagine if we really tamed our tongues by Philippians 4:8?  It wouldn't make everything filled with sunshine and lolly-pops, but it would provide a platform for love and honor to grow... a platform for God to be revealed.  It would be hard.  Really hard.  It would take careful attention and self-discipline.  It would mean that I speak out of careful attention and not just off the top-of-my head.
Oh, goodness.  I don't know when I'll have kids in my home.  But, I do know that if I will expect tongues of Philippians 4:8, I'd better start practicing myself today.

1 comment:

  1. Ciao amico mio! ^ ^ caloroso saluto!
    il tuo blog sembra bello 0_0

    tra l'altro,
    se hai bisogno di trovare tipografia unico, si può andare al nostro sito web.

    migliori saluti;

    ReplyDelete