Sunday, June 5, 2011

They Guy at the Coffee Shop

James 5:7-8

I'm overhearing a conversation at a coffee shop.  I'm around the corner, so the people aren't even aware I'm here.  One guy talking to his coworker.  She is saying that god is "searching for the mysterious".  He is saying God is someone concrete, definable, the Creator of the Universe.  And she keeps waving him off with her ideas. He doesn't back down on the idea that God is Truth.  But, finally he does steer the conversation back to how it got started.

I hope he doesn't give up on her.

And I hope that his girlfriend's family doesn't give up on him.  That's how the conversation got started.  His girlfriend's family are Christians: neither super closed off and self-righteous nor just social "Christians" who don't live out what they believe.  The guy himself isn't a Christian.  But, I think he's really close.  Really close.

So, I hope they don't give up on him.  I hope that he will find someone who will match is mind and his debating skills.  I hope that God softens or breaks or tears down what ever is stopping him from really believing.  Because knowing there is a God who is findable is a world away from knowing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment