Monday, June 6, 2011

The Velveteen Rabbit and God's Faithfulness

James 5:10-11

You remember the story of the Velveteen Rabbit.  He's so loved that he is no longer a perfectly cute stuffed animal: a button eye is missing, whiskers have fallen off, his stuffing is poking out of the seams.

My husband told me the other day that he is praying that God will not give us the easy path.  He wants God to move and shake us so that our identity, our comfort and security will not be of this earth.  Me... I'm afraid of my button eye falling off.  I want to keep my stuffing, thank you.

Recently I talked to a dear woman.  She had suffered so much: loss of children, loss of dreams.  But she told me that through it all, no matter how bad it gets, God is faithful.  I know He will be faithful. 


She, like those prophets, know the Truth.  And that's what makes- what gives -Real Life.  She is blessed.  So... I'm taking a deep breath.  I'm trying not to be so attached to my button eyes.  I'd rather have Jesus, anyway.

1 comment: