Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let It Go

James 4:11-12

Uh-oh.  Can we skip this passage?  It's really hard for me.  I love to dig into the motives of why people do what they do.  I like to read things into them and see what's going on behind what I see.  I look at their experiences in life and form a hypothesis for why they are the way they are.  Ummm.... basically, I make things up.  I especially need to curtail this in my marriage.  Reading too much into a left-up-toilet-seat or coffee without sugar might get dangerous.  Well, there's no "might" in that - it will be dangerous.  Which is why we are told not to judge.  I can't do it perfectly.  I come with my own set of April's Guide to Living Correctly Library, Volumes I-XXXVI.  And it's all skewed and messed up.  I am sinful.  Period.  My judging is going to be skewed and messed up.  It's why only our perfect God can judge our brothers and sisters in Christ.  And since He is the only one who can fix anything - then it's not only his Right, but it's part of who He is - what He does.  It's part of His battle - not ours. Let's leave it to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment