Thursday, March 17, 2011

God of My Calendar

James 4:13-16

I'm a planner.  A massive planner.  I once was told that I couldn't ever be a waitress because I would want the diners to order 3 weeks in advance and would not allow them to change their minds.  Eyeyeye...  I like to believe that the reason I want to have a detailed hourly schedule of the next 4-5 weeks (ok- sometimes longer), is that it will lessen stress at the time.  And that's true, on an earthly level.  But the real truth is that I seek control. I seek to be God.  So, can I make plans?  Yes.  Can I outline the day of the wedding in 5 minute increments.  Sure.  But can I control it?  And if something gets bumped or moved will it Ruin Everything?  And if it does, I need to really look at who and what I want to be God of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment